Website U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
This position is in the Health Information Management (HIM) section at the Hershel “Woody” Williams VA Medical Center. The Health Information Technicians (HITs) review, analyze, abstract, compile, maintain, and extract information from the health record. The MRTs Health Information Technicians (HITs) check for accuracy, completeness, timeliness of the health record and monitor and report for regulatory compliance.
- Conducting reviews of incomplete records for individuals clearing the facility;
- Assisting clinical providers regarding completeness of their health record documentation, and the correction of health records;
- Creating and monitoring reports to ensure that deficiencies are resolved and completed appropriately;
- Serving as the technical expert in health record content and documentation requirements;
- Monitoring, verifying, correcting, and/or uploading all transcription/medical speech recognition to maintain completeness and accuracy of health records.
- Analyzing, abstracting, maintaining, extracting and compiling information from the health record, working under the review of the supervisor;
- Analyzing health records for accuracy, completeness, timeliness, consistency, and compliance (e.g., scanned, uploaded, use of correct titles, linked to correct encounters, etc.) with HIM industry standards, policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and accreditation requirements;
- Coordinating and/or performing health record review activities to satisfy external accreditation requirements and medical center performance measures;
- Notifying clinical providers regarding incomplete health records;
- You may be required to serve a probationary period.
- Subject to background/security investigation.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
Qualification & Experience:
- A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
Company: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Huntington, WV, US
Application Deadline: N/A