- Full Time
- Washington, DC, US
Website U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
The Executive Director, Information Security Operations is located in the Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Office of Information Security. In coordination with leadership the Executive Director plans, develops, and coordinates agency-level information security and privacy programs and strategies and maintain relationships with the Veterans Affairs Office of Inspector General, Office of General Counsel, business owners, and other federal agencies.
- The Executive Director for Information Security Operations is the principal advisor to the Deputy Assistant Secretary, Chief Information Security Officer.
- The Executive Director will be expected to provide thoughtful, insightful, and balanced opinions, recommendations, and strategies to align the Office of Information Technology and the Office of Information Technology efforts VA mission objectives, The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with VA Business Units and the Office of Information Technology Elements stakeholders to determine acceptable levels of risk and ensuring cybersecurity efforts follows applicable laws, regulations, policies, and audit findings are properly addressed;
- Developing and implementing enterprise-wide cybersecurity and privacy strategies that balance cybersecurity requirements with mission and business objectives;
- Providing subject matter expertise to executive leadership on a broad range of security standards and best practices (e.g. FISMA, Dodd-Frank, HIPAA, Privacy Act);
- As the Executive Director, the incumbent will be a member of and a critical asset to the Office of Information Security and the Office of Information Technology Senior Leadership Team.
- Work with Information Security Operations Leadership to develop the consolidated Information Security Operations budget proposal;
- Develop policy, plans, and strategy in compliance with laws, regulations, policies, and standards in support of organizational cyber activities.
- Instruct, lead, and mentor assigned security teams consisting of direct reports and indirect reports (such as individuals in other areas of Information Technology) including providing security guidance, hiring, training, staff development, and performance management;
- US citizenship is required.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Public Financial Disclosure Report (SF-278) is required within 30 days of appointment.
- Incumbents of this position will be subject to a background investigation commensurate with the risk and sensitivity level of the position.
- One year probationary period required for initial SES appointment.
- Successful completion of drug screening required.
- May be subject to reassignment geographically or organizationally.
Company: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A