- Full Time
- Beckley, WV, US
Website U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) functions as a responsible member of the Patient Aligned Care Team under the supervision of a registered professional nurse.
- Identifies and is able to initiate appropriate emergency measures and assists others to effectively function in emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates the understanding of sterile/aseptic techniques for specialized procedures and follows facility’s Procedure for Universal Protocols.
- Observes, reports, and documents in the patient records, using objective and subjective data including interventions with outcome evaluation of nursing care given.
- Contributes to the interdisciplinary team in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the patient’s treatment plan, and promotes patient participation in the therapeutic community by fostering self-reliance and independence in the outpatient setting.
- Performs support duties for non-OR procedures which may include preparing the patient, assisting in the procedure which may include preparing the patient, and monitoring the patient.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Participation in the seasonal influenza vaccination program is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Personnel (HCP).
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period.
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination.
- Subject to background/security investigation.
- All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment.
- Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
Qualification & Experience:
- GS-6: In addition to the basic requirements, candidates must have completion of at least one (1) year of additional qualifying experience at the GS-5 level or equivalent, fully meeting all performance requirements for the GS-5 LPN/LVN.
Company: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Beckley, WV, US
Application Deadline: N/A