- Full Time
- Richmond, VA, US
Website U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Health Administration (VHA), Mid Atlantic Health Care Network, (VISN 6), Richmond VA Medical Center (VAMC), Engineering Service.
- Installs and maintains all t:ypes of panic bar hardware locking devices.
- Installing, modifying and repairing doors, furniture and cabinetry hardware such as handles, knobs, hinges, locks, slides, vision panels, etc.
- Installing and repairing ceiling tiles; cutting and repairing gypsum flooring; constructing, installing and removing concrete forms; glazing and checking windows in walls and doors
- Modifies and reworks locking devices to accomplish special security objectives.
- Functions as an expert in the area of locking device capabilities and functions and works closely with management in determining the most suitable locks to be used in solving security problems.
- installing, repairing, and removing floor coverings such as carpet, ceramic, quarry, mosaic and vinyl floor tile; patching and repairing drywall and plaster surfaces, as well as repairing and patching of brick, block, and stucco surfaces;
- Inspecting, locating leaks and repairing roofs; fabricating, repairing and fabricating, shipping and storing materials, handling items from wood and wood substitutes
- Ability to evaluate, design, fabricate, repair and install a part or parts to a component or project to which there are no drawings, guidelines or instructions on how to complete the task at hand.
- Works with Chief of Security in coding door locks and narcotic cabinets
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Pre-employment physical required
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- Participation in the seasonal influenza vaccination program is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Personnel (HCP)
- Participation in the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccination program is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs Personnel
- All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
Company: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Richmond, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A