Website City of Greensboro
The City of Greensboro exists to partner with the community to build the desired quality of life for Greensboro. All of our actions are guided by our commitment to and measured by our success in building public trust and the future we and the community desires.
- We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic individual(s) who is (are) passionate about building better lives and a better community.
- The ideal candidate should have knowledge of ornamental plants and proper pruning techniques, experience with hand tools (i.e. pruners, saws, blowers, edger, weed eaters,) associated with all aspects of landscaping.
- The Greensboro Parks and Recreation Department is a nationally accredited department committed to enhancing quality of life, improving health and wellness, conserving natural resources, and creating great economic impacts.
- The physical duties of the job require walking, standing, repetitive bending, repetitive kneeling and lifting of up to 50 pounds safely in all types of weather.
- As a vital part of The Downtown Greenway Staff you will be called upon to perform various tasks related to landscaping and will include but is not limited to: planting, pruning, trash collection, grounds maintenance, as well as, weed eating and edging.
- The ideal candidate should have experience in turf grass management, including mowing with a zero turn, trimming with a weed eater, and edging.
- North Carolina Pesticide License
- Valid Driver’s License
- 4 years Landscape Maintenance experience
Qualification & Experience:
- 1 to 3 years Landscape Maintenance experience
- High School Diploma/G.E.D
- Experience with Ornamental plant identification and care
Company: City of Greensboro
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greensboro, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A