Website City of Fort Lauderdale
The City of Fort Lauderdale employees possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers.
- May supervise Electricians and Helpers in the maintenance, repair and replacement of street lighting, security lighting, and airport lighting and instrumentation.
- Assists in planning and scheduling outside contractors for projects requiring additional workers or special skills.
- May supervise cleaning operations at City Hall and City Hall Annex buildings; assigns work, inspects results, trains and schedules cleaning employees.
- Supervises and performs repairs in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, pumps, engines, motors, air conditioning, elevators, by using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Receives and responds to complaints, determines and directs appropriate corrective measures.
- Performs related work as required.
- May supervise the maintenance of computerized storeroom inventory control records; and supervises and trains personnel in receiving, storing and distributing storeroom equipment and supplies.
- Estimates equipment, material and personnel needs for jobs assigned; maintains records of time, equipment and material usage, compiles and presents written and oral reports.
- May evaluate the condition of vehicles and equipment and recommend repair or replacement. May participate in the preparation of specifications for the acquisition of new equipment.
- Supervises and performs plumbing, electrical, mechanical, welding, carpentry, painting, and masonry repairs necessary for the care and maintenance of a municipal building or buildings.
- Performs inspections of buildings and equipment to determine maintenance and repair needs; maintains records and schedules; prepares periodic reports.
- Assists in the preparation of Division budget.
- Schedules, assigns and supervises work of employees engaged in regularly planned projects, emergency activities and preventive maintenance of the facilities.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, drawings, and diagrams.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to put together a scope of work for contract work and existing vendors.
- Must be organized, flexible and able to prioritize work assignments.
- Associate degree
- Must be able to use computer systems to include basic software such as Microsoft Office as well as WO tracking systems.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in varied building maintenance and repair, preferably have experience in multiple disciplines with some supervisory experience or training. Additional qualifying experience may substitute on a year for year basis of the required education
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid State of Florida driver’s license within 30 days of hire
Company: City of Fort Lauderdale
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Saint Petersburg, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A