Website City of Fort Lauderdale
The City of Fort Lauderdale employees possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers.
- Prepares technical specifications for proposals
- Troubleshoots and performs first echelon level service on subscriber radios and components
- Monitors radio and alerting systems and initiates immediate corrective action
- Maintains technical and support aspects for all mission-critical and ancillary systems including but not limited to; radio systems, microwave network, fire alerting system and coordinates contractor maintenance activities
- Coordinates with system users on activities involving repair, maintenance and regional public safety activities
- Oversees and assists in maintaining all radio system software records such as; programming templates, radio programs, identification numbers, assignments, aliases, talk group assignments, talk group registers, inventory, records and cross reference lists
- Develops radio templates and codeplugs utilizing Customer Programming Software (CPS)
- Provides technical guidance to developers with regards to ensuring two-way communications compliance within structures
- Assists and supports departments in reviewing new development projects within the City which may interfere with the City’s radio system and assists in negotiating leases for towers located on City’s right-of-way
- Reviews the Bi-Directional Amplifier (BDA) plans to ensure ordinance compliance with Broward County and the City
- Assists in long range planning of telecommunications and electronic systems requirements
- Programs backbone system equipment including system controller and interface management system for a trunked radio and conventional repeater communication systems
- Assists and supports departments in implementing the City’s Telecommunication Ordinance overseeing the applications for use of the City’s right-of-way, establishing an equitable cost, and negotiating preferable routes
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunications, Electronics, Engineering, or a related field.
- This position will require on call, holiday, night and/or weekend work.
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid State of Florida driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Communications Unit Technician (COMT) or Communication Unit Leader (COML) preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in a radio communications environment. Additional qualifying experience in a job related field, may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
Company: City of Fort Lauderdale
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A