Website City of Fort Lauderdale
The City of Fort Lauderdale community builders possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, skills, knowledge and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers.
- Makes recommendations regarding hiring, promotions, and discipline.
- Performs related work as required
- Supervises the work of assigned staff; delegates and reviews work assignments; conducts performance evaluations
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and County regulations for safe drinking water and wastewater compliance including the Florida Administrative Code (FAC).
- Writes specifications and requisitions; and inspects materials and equipment necessary to the operation of the system
- Reviews, evaluates, and provides comments for technical specifications and engineering construction drawings
- Knowledge and skills with using IPad, digital hand held tools and asset management systems.
- Ability to work closely with other City Departments, outside agencies, and neighbors.
- Provides strategic planning for and assessment of the distribution and collection system infrastructure and Public Works facilities
- Oversees the administration, coordination, supervision, planning, repair, maintenance, and management of Public Works facilities, utility infrastructure, and City right of ways
- Makes recommendations and gives technical assistance to the Division Manager, other City departments, and outside consultants on technical problems concerning the construction of new or the modification of the existing system
- Ensures compliance with safety regulations and standard operating procedures
- Makes recommendations regarding operational policies, expenditures, plans, and other administrative matters
- Prepares, administers, and maintains multiple operational budgets; ensures correctness of charges and allocations; monitors and approves expenditures; forecasts funds needed for staffing, equipment, and materials
- Preparation of letters, memos, and other correspondence.
- Preparation of standard operating procedures.
Qualification & Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Public Administration
- Must possess a Water Distribution System Operator Level 2 License and be able to obtain a Water Distribution System Operator Level 1 License within 12 months of appointment.
- At least five (5) years of experience in construction and maintenance of water distribution and/or wastewater collection systems servicing a population of 100,000+, including two (2) years of experience working in a supervisory capacity. Additional qualifying experience or completion of coursework at an accredited college or university in a job related field, may substitute on a year-for-year basis for one year of the required experience or education.
Company: City of Fort Lauderdale
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A