Website City of Boston
Under the general supervision of an employee of a higher grade, will provide administrative and technical support in the Building Division.
- Will work with the State Building Code, Boston Zoning Code, TPX system and other computer programs.
- Performs related work as required.
- Will also provide a checklist to assist in the requirements of the permitting process.
- Will assist customers in all aspects of the Inspectional Services Department business, including the automation of the building permitting process, which will include assisting customers in entering applications on-line, providing technical support, being the point of contact in disseminating information, answering inquiries and explaining building codes and regulations to the public.
- Must organize data and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, TPX.
- Explains Department policies and procedures, laws rules and regulations to the general public and to other agencies.
- Able to follow complex instructions, and to communicate effectively with employees and the general public.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledgeable in the State Building Code, Zoning Code, and other federal, state and city regulations and laws.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have at least four (4) years experience in reviewing Building Department records, assisting the public in resolving complaints.
- BA preferred or can be substituted by at least five (5) additional years of experience in the Building Division.
- Assist in the administration and coordination of activities of the Department.
Company: City of Boston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A